Studio Bettina Nelson
Jagtvej 35, 2 th
2200 Copenhagen N
Bettina Nelson is a Swedish-English experimental designer based in Copenhagen. She obtained an MA in Object Design from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts School of Design (2017). Her practice is motivated by a fascination for the playful and intuitive based on the exploration of the intrinsic movement and transformative memories in relation to shapes and material tactility.
◦ MA, KADK, Furniture, Space and Objects, Copenhagen. DK, 2017
◦ BA, KADK, Spatial Design, Copenhagen, DK, 2012
◦ BA, Beckmans College of Design (BFA) Product Design, Stockholm, SE, 2010
◦ Nyckelviksskolan General Arts, Design and Architecture, Stockholm/Lidingö, SE, 2009
◦ Konstfack & Klassiska Konstskolan, Fine Arts, Evening Courses, Stockholm, SE, 2007
◦ Södertörn University, Gender studies, Stockholm. 60 HP, SE, 2006
◦ Folkuniversitetet, Advanced Photography, Stockholm, SE, 2007
◦ The Real Danish Design Awards, ‘The Straw’, Copenhagen, DK, 2020
◦ PAVILION NORDICO, ‘Lola’, solo show, Buenos Aires, ARG, 2019
◦ The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, ‘Løsninger’,Copenhagen, DK, 2017
◦ Permanent Chair Collection KADK, “Carla”, Copenhagen, DK, 2015
◦ Milan Furniture Fair 14, Salon De Mobile, ”NØW’, Milan, IT, 2015
◦ KBH Kunsthal, ‘Musical Chairs’, Copenhagen & Skive, DK, 2012
◦ Statens Kunstfond, Web page (Kiosk Studio), Copenhagen, DK, 2020
◦ Statens Kunstfond, Elena Project (carpet), Copenhagen, DK, 2019
◦ Grosserer L.F. Foghts Fond, Elena Project (carpet), Copenhagen, DK, 2019
◦ Albertsen Fonden, Rattan Project, Copenhagen, DK, 2014
◦ The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Social Media Commercial, Copenhagen, DK, 2010
Articles & Litterature
◦ The New Era Magazine (2021) - online interview regarding tapestry work and practice. Jonna Dagliden Hunt, Stockholm, SE.
◦ ELLE DECORATION Argentina (2019) - New talent, two page spread featuring the chair ‘Lola’. Dolores Navarro Ocampo, Pompi Gutnisky, Buenos Aires, ARG.
◦ Century of Danish and Czech furniture design: convergence and divergence’ (2018), Art historian Pavla Rossini presents an exploration of the interlinkage of Danish and Czech design. CARLA is represented as a Danish contribution. Copenhagen, DK.
◦ CAMINO DEL SOL - The Materialization of an Intrinsic Movement (2017), A study of how to create objects, through the intrinsic movement, that in correlation to one another create an entity equivalent to the feeling evoked by the song Camino del Sol. Master Project Report,The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts Schools of Design (KADK), Copenhagen, DK.
◦ Space + ́Something ́, Book based on previous studies and texts from Emotionally Aware (2016), KADK. Emotionally Aware - Il Faro di Capo Grosso – A Case Study of a Place, A theoretical study of an emotional reaction evoked by a place through a combined perspective of phenomenology and neuroscience, KADK.
◦ PAVILION NORDICO Residency & Art Center, Buenos Aires, ARG, 2019